Message sent on
Land 179031 m² (about 1924583 ft²)
Ref.3476: Beautiful castle for sale in Pays-de-la-Loire. The property is located in the quiet countryside of Maine-et-Loire, just 30 minutes from Angers by car and 1 hour from Nantes. The property was built in the 12th-century by the Benedictines of Saint-Aubin d'Angers to form a priory. In the 18th-century, the site is used as a retirement home by religious. In 1791 the property was sold as national property before passing into the hands of General de la Moricière. In the 1830s, the current chateau was built by the architect Drouet from Nantes. Following the acquisition in 1939 by the Departmental Fund of Maine et Loire, the property is transformed into a convalescent home for women and a health colony for children. Occupied during the first part of the Second World War by the Germans, the property became in 1942 a health colony. It then receives 150 children. Today, the site is used as Center of Suite Care and Rehabilitation. Built in a wooded park, there are three structure lots. The chateau and its accommodations All the outbuildings « The school » and its accommodations. I- THE CHATEAU AND ITS ACCOMMODATIONS (2.810 sqm) It includes 86 bedrooms with their bathroom. The chateau of about 1.250 sqm with its wings (1560sqm), is built on four levels with its cellar. It comprises : On the ground floor : In the East wing: a laundry room, refectory, kitchens, storeroom, sink. In the main body: 4 living rooms, 5 offices, wc, storeroom. In the West wing: 5 offices, rest room, shower room and wc, 9 bedrooms. First floor : In the main body: 12 bedrooms, on both sides of the corridor, bathroom and toilet. In the west wing: 19 bedrooms, shower room in the middle of the hall , wc and office. On the second floor : In the main body: 6 archive rooms, wc, shower room, 7 bedrooms. In the basement : In the East wing: shower rooms, toilets, 5 cloakrooms, 2 storerooms. In the West Wing: boiler room, server room, 3 storerooms, laundry room, rehabilitation rooms. In the extension of the chateau, in the West, a wing of accommodation for about 1.570 sqm on two levels. This building includes: On the ground floor: 4 offices, a pharmacy, various rooms for medical purposes, 21 bedrooms. In the basement: kitchen, cafeteria, a laundry room and an office in each branch, a hairdresser, 18 bedrooms. II- OUTBUILDINGS To the west of the chateau, they include: The chapel 106sqm The pharmacy The laundry The Pavilion 426sqm III- THE SCHOOL AND ITS ACCOMMODATIONS ( 4.000 sqm) To the North West of the chateau, the 'school' includes: On the ground floor: a gymnasium (wooden structure, 600 sqm), a school (870 sqm) and an infirmary (475 sqm). Upstairs: 24 bedrooms and shower rooms. The property offers interesting potential for a commercial, charity or school project. The center is currently operating and up to standard for its current use. It is a pleasant English park planted with beautiful ornamental trees (oaks, cedars...) of 42 acres (17ha 90a 31ca) pierced with paths allowing access to various buildings.