FOR SALE. In the heart of the vineyards of Grande Champagne of Cognac and 200 m from a village with all amenities, this Napoleon III style Chateau of 600 m² as living space, fully and tastefully restored, kept its many architectural features. Reception rooms, 9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms /shower. Exceptional freestones terrace. Orangery. 2 restored guest houses currently rented. Vast barn with garages. Period stables. Park listed as 'remarkable' of about 4 ha with stream, pond and secular trees.
MAIN LIVING ACCOMMODATION
Half-buried basement with machine room /boiling room/ wine cellar/ workshop
Raised ground floor :
- Vast main entrance of 37 m² with period marble floor opening on :
- Majestic stone staircase leading to 1st and 2nd floors
- 2 large living rooms of 40,80 and 36 m²
- 1 library
- 1 dining room 30 m²
- Large kitchen 31m², fully equipped, with original fireplace, with pass-through, back kitchen and its stone sink
- WC with hand washbasin (+ shower)
- Service entrance with wooden staircase with access to basement by a comfortable stone staircase
- Vast landing 29m² leading to :
- Parents bedroom 49m²
- Large and bright bedroom, separate toilets, wooden dressing room
- Bathroom (jacuzzi tub) + shower and two washbasins
- 1 bedroom with large mezzanine and bathroom /wc (21 m²)
- 2 en suite bedrooms with dressing and bathroom /wc
- Small linen room
- Vast study with store room (29m²)
- 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms with toilets
- Vast playroom/ library (39m²)
- Store room
Period inside decoration on the 3 levels :
The original features (all the rooms and landings still have their original parquet floors, fireplaces, marble features, wooden panels, windows, espagnolettes, mouldings, cornices...). The ensemble was valorised by a subtle restoration and decoration respectful of the place.
The ensemble of the property was fully restored in 2004 (slate roof, électricité totally rewired, new plumbing, heating by water / water heat pump... etc)
- Height under ceiling of the chateau was kept : 4,35m on ground floor /4,15 on 1st floor /3m on 2nd floor
- Taxe fonciere : 3 665 € - Taxe d'habitation : 1622 € - Electric heating with water / water heat pump : 6000 /7000€ per annum
Installed in 1880, well-maintained, fully enclosed. Pond, river, remarkable trees. 4 wells + drilling for heat pumps.
In a courtyard, at the eastern side of the property, these 2 ancient houses (sharecropper and gardener) were carefully restored (bread oven, beams, ancient greenhouse...etc). Heating by heat pump.
Purple house : fully restored in 2004, 70 m² as living space with living room /equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms including one on ground floor with bathroom convenient for handicapped people. Bathroom upstairs with separate WC, pellet stove bread oven in excellent condition, wooden windows, with double glazing, fully insulated house, terrace and ancient low walls. Heating by heat pump.
Honeysuckle house (restored in 2007) : vast living room /u.s. kitchen. 3 bedrooms and a bathroom, separate wc. Heating by convectors and pellet stove.
Rental income : about 11 000 € per annum
These 2 houses could be sold without tenant
BARN : about 300m² on ground floor with 2 storeys
- Original stables : with pavement, separated in 3 boxes with remarkable stone mangers
- 2 garages, a vast store room and a porch could offer to park 8/10 cars
- First floor : large space 300m² suitable for conversion
This barn could be sold separately.
The property is set in a non-building area, benefiting from a village with all amenities and primary school.
Its dimensions and inside layout (2 staircases) will make of this chateau a family home or a B&B.
Scope for further extension in barn and houses.
Exceptional reception rooms and terrace could enable the creation / development of a luxurious reception place /catering.
The park is a treasure chest for these two possibilities.
20 min from COGNAC
30 min from ANGOULEME (TGV 2017 : 1h35 from PARIS)
10 min from a station
1h from Bordeaux, international airport
School in the village
Middle schools and high schools 10 minutes away
200 m from a village with all amenities