FOR SALE CHATEAU IN AQUITAINE
Buy a page of French history. Since the 14th century, this remarkable listed (MH) chateau, was the seat of the powerful family of the Lords of Caumont in Aquitaine, this family played an important role in the history of France for more than five centuries. The first Duke is famous for his bravery in the 17th-C, he was a friend of Louis XIV and the lover of Madame de Montespan (the king's cousin). In the 18th-C, the second Duke is famous for having participated in the war of American independence: he fought alongside Lafayette and led the famous legion bearing his name contributing to independence.
Located on the heights, the château, behind the ramparts, enjoys beautiful views and overlooks the village. Set around an impressive courtyard and surrounded by a French garden of nearly 4 hectares, this property comprises of 3 accommodation built in the 12th-c and in the 18th-C. There are the medieval houses dating from the 15th-C, a Renaissance wing and a central body called the Dome.
THE MEDIEVAL CASTLE left wing is the oldest part of the property and is the inhabited part. This chateau of 500 m² over 3 levels, has been renovated with the use of traditional materials, which has kept all its character features (fireplaces, terracotta floors, window frames, stained glass, interior shutters, ironwork ...), its tower and its beautiful 15th-C door with modern comfort.
- Ground floor: spacious living room with 15th-C fireplace, reception room with vaulted ceiling, dining room, equipped kitchen, sitting room and study.
- 1st floor: 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- In the basement: cellar in the dungeon and store rooms.
THE RENAISSANCE CHATEAU left wing offers 500 m² over two levels.
- Ground floor: exceptional ceremonial room with the Guards room of nearly 200 m² (original tiles, French ceiling, stained glass windows, large listed Renaissance fireplace), the King's room (Henri IV and Catherine de Medicis stayed there)with French ceiling, stained glass windows and the listed fireplace offered by Catherine de Medicis and created with the style of the School of Fontainebleau. The Duke's room similar to the King's room. Both Renaissance fireplaces are among the most beautiful fireplaces in France.
- 1st floor : two apartments situated at both end of the building and attic of 500 m² suitable for conversion.
THE DOME built in 17th and 18th-C situated between the two chateau.
- Ground floor: large kitchen with fireplace, toilets.
- First floor: library and living room.
- On the second floor : staff accommodations to renovate.
- The conciergerie of 300 m² over 2 level
- The caretaker's house of 100 m², situated at the entrance of the chateau.
- A former agricultural building of 300m².
- A stone swimming pool 14 x 7 m.
Condensing gas fired boiler. Underfloor heating and electric heating. Alarm system. Automatic watering system. Main drainage.
Serious references required.