Chateau from the XVIth and XIXth centuries, 750 m² of living space, no renovation work is needed, at the gates of Périgueux.
For sale, chateau from the XVIth and XIXth centuries, in the Dordogne, near Périgueux.
Approximately 750 m² of living space on 3 levels with 6 en suite bedrooms, a reading room, a billiards room...
On the ground floor, beautiful reception rooms with exceptional woodwork, monumental fireplaces, period parquet floors, French ceilings and a vaulted kitchen.
Outbuildings, guest house, stables, swimming pool and a beautiful park.
10 minutes from the A89 motorway access, 15 minutes from the center of Périgueux.
The chateau is located on a hill, surrounded by a beautiful park (18ha of which 15ha of woodland). The terrace overlooks the valley of the river Isle. The chateau was built in 1550 on an old cellar from the 15th century. A second floor was added in 1857.
The main building is flanked by 2 circular towers.
The chateau has undergone a thorough restoration since 2003. The paintings, fireplaces, magnificent oak woodwork, period floors and numerous details were preserved, adding a lot of charm to the Chateau.
On the ground floor:
- The entrance hall. Approximately 35 m², French ceiling, remarkable woodwork on the walls and mosaic flooring. It leads to the reception rooms and to the staircase.
- The large living room. Approximately 55 m². Large windows overlooking the park. French ceiling, beautiful parquet flooring and period fireplace. Antique tapestry.
- Reception dining room. Approximately 55 m². woodwork on the walls, windows, and monumental fireplace.
- An en suite bedroom of about 25 m², with its bathroom (10 m²) and separate toilet
- Secondary living room with fireplace. Stone slab floor.
- Kitchen of more than 30 m² with vaulted ceiling and adobe floor
- Independent toilet
- The landing leads to a large billiard room of about 35 m².
- 4 large and very bright en suite bedrooms from 20 to 35 m². Each one has its bathroom and toilet.
- Reading room of about 20 m². Very refined, beautiful paintings on the walls, fireplace from the XIXth century.
- Corridor of about 30 m², with wardrobes, and leading to:
- Large suite with bedroom of more than 50 m², living room (about 30 m²), and bathroom in a tower of the castle.
- A second large suite, under construction (more than 80 m²), or two or three bedrooms.
Two former caretaker's houses, one partially converted.
Swimming pool of 11 x 4 m.
Oil central heating.
Wooden double glazed windows on the 2nd floor.
10 minutes from the A89 motorway access, 5 minutes from a commercial area, and 15 minutes from the center of Périgueux. Bordeaux is at 1 hour and a half by the motorway.