Message sent on
Land 330000 m² (about 3547500 ft²)
BARNES - 81 acre Wine Estate - jewel of its appellation in the extension of the prestigious terroir of Saint-Emilion. In the extension of the slopes of the prestigious Saint-Emilion appellation, this 81,5 acre Château is made up of two large plots of vineyards in the Côtes de Castillon appellation: the first of 49,4 acres on the hillside around the winery and the mansion, the second of 24,7 acres 1,3 miles away. The vineyard, with an average age of 34 years, is planted with red grapes for 96% (Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon) and the remaining 4% with white grapes (Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Gris, Sémillon). The vast and functional winery includes: a thermo-regulated cellar allowing the winemaking of up to 37 additional acres, a barrel cellar, a tasting room and another cellar. The offices are upstairs. A large storage and bottling room is located next to the winery. A former Post house is used as a shed for wine growing equipment. Adjacent to the winery, is a 'girondine' style mansion of about 2200 sqft with 4 to 5 bedrooms with a view over the vineyards. Finally, a second house of 2800 sqft, to renovate, overlooks the vineyard. BARNES, a major player in upmarket real estate and ambassador of the Art de Vivre, has put together a team of professionals, coming from the world of wine and finance, and dedicated exclusively to Wine Estate transactions. We advise you during the acquisition process and can offer you tailor-made support after the transaction. After signing a Non Disclosure Agreement, we will provide you with a detailed Memorandum of Information. Price is excluding wine stock and costs accruing to growing crops (price is seller's charge, including agency fees).