Land 20000 m² (about 215000 ft²)
Ref. 3341 Charming chateau for sale in Normandy Ideally located at 12km from the pier of Dieppe for Brighton (G.B) and at 180km from Paris, the castle is located in the heart of a village of 500 inhabitants between the Alabaster Coast and the Parc des Boucles de la Seine. Shops and services are 4km away. A brick wall of Saint Jean on cut flint shelters this beautiful building of atypical architecture for the region. It was built in the 1830's in a Mediterranean style with red tiles roof, balconies and terraces. With a living area of 600sqm, this chateau comprises: On the ground floor: Accessible by a stone porch : a large music room of 35sqm, an entrance hall with staircase, a large living room of 52sqm, dining room, study, 1 bedroom opening onto the terrace, a library, a winter garden, a small bedroom, secondary entrance, service staircase, fitted kitchen, bathroom, toilets. On the first floor: landing distributing an antechamber, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, dressing room and linen room. On the North side of the building, various small rooms and bedrooms are awaiting renovation (all for about 90sqm). In the basement: Cellars on the entire surface including former kitchens, boiler room and miscellaneous rooms. 2-car garage under the terrace. Everything in the decor evokes refinement: marble fireplaces, wood paneling, coffered ceilings, marquetry flooring probably coming from the Chateau des Tuileries after the fire of 1871...A small dilapidated outbuilding of about 80sqm used as a woodshed and a shed. A shaded alley opens on the park of 2 ha (4,94 acres), it is composed of a French garden with numerous cut boxwood, alley of Italian cypress as well as flowered masses which surround the chateau. Ponds and water jets, where white swans frolic, decorate the place. They are supplied by a very old well of 2m in diameter. It is also composed of an English park planted with ancient trees such as lime trees, elms and purple beeches; and of a vegetable garden. A major restoration was undertaken in 1976 by the former owners, currently, this work still continues.